Do IDNY doctors get paid for being members?
- No. IDNY is a volunteer organization.
Why should I use an IDNY doctor?
- We work in your best interest and don’t have to follow the “rules” of an HMO.
- We have no financial incentives for denying you care.
- We can help you sort out insurance issues and help you maximize your existing care.
- We treat patients as people with feelings, not “cases” or “costs to the bottom-line”.
Why would a doctor join IDNY?
- To align himself or herself with other physicians who share a common goal – the best possible care for their patients without hindrance from outside forces.
Are IDNY physicians obligated to refer patients to other IDNY member physicians?
- Absolutely Not! Each IDNY physician is expected to refer his or her patients only to other doctors or specialists best suited for their needs, regardless of hospital affiliation or economic consideration.