Dr. Kaete Archer is a double board-certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in New York City and an Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery at Columbia University. She is the President of the Aesthetic Institute of Manhattan for Facial and Plastic Surgery on Park Avenue. Her practice specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive surgical procedures including facelift, necklift, eyelid surgery, sinus surgery, septoplasty, rhinoplasty, and skin cancer reconstruction. At the Aesthetic Institute of Manhattan, our goal is to create positive changes for our patients that lead to empowerment, confidence, and self-assurance.
Dr. Archer received her medical degree from the University of Arkansas College of Medicine. She graduated with top distinction as a member of the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and with Honors in Research. She completed an Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery residency at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY. Dr. Archer was attracted to the art, functionality, and patient-centered capacity of Facial Plastic Surgery. Dr. Archer continued her training after residency by completing an intensive American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS) fellowship under the direction of Dr. Stephen Perkins in Indianapolis, IN. In 2014 and 2017, she traveled to Vietnam with the AAFPRS FACE to FACE International medical mission teams where she lectured and participated in surgery for congenital deformities, trauma, and facial paralysis.
In 2018, she opened the Aesthetic Institute of Manhattan for Facial and Plastic Surgery to bring together the latest in TECH and bold, disruptive, positive messaging to facial cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Our practice offers a 360-degree approach to surgical needs of the face, neck, and nose. Our practice innovations include the latest in facial imaging including 3D imaging to simulate before and after results.
Dr. Archer is passionate about contributing to the field of Facial Plastic Surgery. She looks for innovative techniques and technologies for the most advanced outcomes. She has been published in peer-reviewed journals, in the Facial Plastic Times international newsletter, and continues to work on Facial Plastic Surgery research projects both individually and in partnership with SUNY Upstate Medical University. She has been selected to co-author several chapters in Facial Plastic Surgery textbooks and has been invited to speak at national and international Facial Plastic Surgery conferences. She currently serves on 6 AAFPRS national committees. She has recently been named the Chief Medical Officer of “SANZ” skincare company, a vegan and cruelty-free approach to transforming skincare with authenticity and integrity.
Dr. Archer was born in Canada and grew up in the Midwest. She has dual citizenship and loves international travel. She enjoys strong coffee, NPR, supporting ethical/inspiring brands in fashion and beauty, and the empowerment of vivacious women. Dr. Archer supports social and philanthropic issues including domestic violence and equality. Dr. Archer is an international member of the Speak Out Organization, a law-based, community development non-government organization (NGO) in Lahore, Pakistan, which is built to elevate the level of women and children’s lifestyles. Dr. Archer is proud to support organizations including Serene Harbor, an organization that provides safe, confidential services such as a hotline, safely planning, emergency shelter and outreach to over 25,000 women and children; Sally’s House, a residential service for recovering women and their children; and the Women’s Center, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing comprehensive services to meet the needs of women and their families in crisis and transition.Training:
- Medical School: University of Arkansas College of Medicine
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Residency, SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse, NY)
Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (Dr. Stephen Perkins, Indianapolis, IN)
- Member, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Faculty, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Levittown, NY
- Faculty, Harlem Hospital Center, New York, NY
- Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- Top Plastic Surgeon by the International Association of Plastic Surgeons, 2017
- 10 Best Plastic Surgeon for Patient Satisfaction by American Institute of Plastic Surgeons, 2016 and 2017
- Named in “America’s Top Plastic Surgeons”, 2016 and 2017
- 1st Place Oral Presentation for American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Meeting, 2012
- Medical graduation with Honors in Research, 2010
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, 2009 to present
- Class of 1965 Alumni Scholarship, 2009-2010
- Barton Scholarship, 2008-2009
- Washington County Medical Society Scholarship, 2008-2009
- Class of 1946 Alumni Scholarship, 2007-2009
- Dr. Fred O. Henker Memorial Scholarship, 2006-2007
- Johnson Biology Award, 2006-2006
- Phi Beta Kappa, 2006-present
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery