Dr. Kumar is a board-certified urologist as well as a certified menopause practitioner. After graduating with honors from the Tufts University School of Medicine, she spent five years training in urologic surgery at NYU Langone Medical Center. Since 2011, Dr. Kumar has practiced urology in both private practice and hospital-based settings. She developed a clinical focus on the care of female patients with urinary leakage, overactive bladder, vaginal laxity, recurrent urinary tract infections, interstitial cystitis, blood in the urine, vaginal dryness, pain with intercourse, and other general urologic conditions such as kidney stones and bladder tumors. She enjoyed listening to her patients’ stories, and was consistently hearing women open up to her about how their urinary, vaginal, or menopausal issues had been brushed aside prior to their visit with her. Even though they felt these issues negatively impacted their quality of life, many women felt they had to, “just live with it.”
Knowing that her patients deserved better, Dr. Kumar founded Women’s Urology New York to elevate the level of genitourinary care for post-partum, peri-menopausal and post-menopausal women. Dr. Kumar became certified as a menopause practitioner and decided to fully dedicate her practice to educating women about their genitourinary health, and offering medically sound, evidence based, and state of the art treatment options. She makes the extra effort to develop trusting relationships with patients, not only to ensure that they feel comfortable, but also to ensure that they are offered the right treatments. She takes an individual approach with each patient and performs a thorough history and physical exam prior to any treatment recommendations.Training:
- Medical School: Tufts Univeristy School of Medicine - 2006
- Internship: NYU Langone Medical Center - General Surgery - 2006 to 2007
NYU Langone Medical Center - Urology - 2007 to 2011
- Biophysical changes in subcortical nuclei: the impact of diabetes and major depression.Kumar, A.,Yang, S.,Ajilore, O.,Wu, M.,Cohen, J.,Lamar, M.,Bhaumik, D.
- Functions of neurofilaments in synapses.Yuan, A.,Sershen, H.,Basavarajappa, B. S.,Kumar, A.,Hashim, A.,Berg, M.,Lee, J. H.,Sato, Y.,Rao, M. V.,Mohan, P. S.,Dyakin, V.,Julien, J. P.,Lee, V. M.,Nixon, R. A.
- Correction of prostate-specific antigen velocity for variation may improve prediction of cancer following prostate repeat biopsy.Kumar, A.,Godoy, G.,Taneja, S. S.
- Robot-assisted partial adrenalectomy for isolated adrenal metastasis.Kumar, A.,Hyams, E. S.,Stifelman, M. D.
- Artificial urinary sphincter versus male sling for post-prostatectomy incontinence--what do patients choose?Kumar, A., Litt, E. R., Ballert, K. N., Nitti, V. W.
American Board of Urology - Certified in Urology