Dr. Gary Linkov is a dual Ivy League educated facial plastic surgeon. A native of New York, he graduated as salutatorian from Cornell University with a focus on psychology. Before, during, and after his undergraduate years, Dr. Linkov pursued advanced art training in painting, sketching, and sculpture, including a six-week scholarship program in Florence, Italy at the Lorenzo de’ Medici Italian International Institute.
He then received his Medical Degree at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, which was the first medical school to award the Doctor of Medicine degree in the United States and is consistently ranked one of the top medical schools in the country. During medical school, Dr. Linkov received funding to conduct advanced head and neck cancer research at the world-renowned Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, which has been ranked as the best hospital for cancer care for the past 25 years by U.S. News & World Report. He also volunteered as an art therapist for Wilma’s Studio and ran his school’s Smile Train chapter, to help children with cleft lips and palates.
Dr. Linkov then completed his residency training in Head & Neck Surgery at the Temple Head and Neck Institute, including Fox Chase Cancer Center, in Philadelphia. He served as Chief resident in his final year. His mentors included leaders in the fields of facial reconstructive surgery and oculoplastic surgery.
After residency, Dr. Linkov completed an accredited American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery fellowship at the highly regarded Washington University in St.Louis, where he served as clinical instructor. During fellowship, he had the privilege of running a facial plastic surgery service at the St.Louis Veteran Affairs hospital, where he performed reconstructive facial surgery for our veterans in need.
Dr. Linkov has also had advanced training in cutting edge hair transplant technology. He worked with the prestigious Foundation for Hair Restoration as a Hair Transplant Surgeon. He also served as the Director of the Women’s Center for Hair Loss in NYC.Training:
- Undergraduate: Cornell University
- Medical School: Columbia University
- Internship: Temple University, Otolaryngology 2012 - 2013
Temple University, Otolaryngology 2013 - 2017
Washington University, Facial Plastic Surgery 2017 - 2018
MEDICAL DIRECTOR, MADISON AS, LLC
MEDICAL DIRECTOR & FOUNDER, CITY FACIAL PLASTICS
ATTENDING PHYSICIAN, LENOX HILL HOSPITAL
ATTENDING PHYSICIAN, NEW YORK HARBOR VA HEALTH CARE SYSTEM
CHIEF OF OTOLARYNGOLOGY/FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY, BROOKLYN VA CAMPUS
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
- New York Facial Plastic Surgery Society
- Medical Knowledge Award - Philadelphia, PA, June 2017
- Best Oral Presentation - Pennsylvania Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. 2016 Annual Meeting
- NIH Research Fellowship - Columbia University College of P&S
- Nayak M, Linkov G. Social Media Marketing in Facial Plastic Surgery: What Has Worked? Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 27(3):373-377.
- Linkov G, Wick E, Chen CL, Kallogjeri D, Branham GH. Perception of upper lip augmentation comparing filler injections to surgical lip lift using simulated photography. Arch Plast Surg. 2019. 46(3):248-254.
- Branham GH, Linkov G, Compton AM, Council ML. Recognition and treatment of skin lesions. Cummings Otolaryngology: Head and Neck Surgery, 7th In press.
- Linkov G, Branham GH. Widened Dorsum: Bony and Cartilaginous Contributions. Facial Plast Surg. 34(5):443-447.
- Nayak M, Linkov G. Discussion: The role of tranexamic acid in plastic surgery: review and technical considerations. Plast Reconstr Surg. 142(3):423e.
- Tint D, Stabler C, Hanifi A, Yousefi F, Linkov G, Soliman AM, Pleshko N. Spectroscopic analysis of decellularized human tracheal scaffolds. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2019. 160(2):302-309.
- Linkov G, Hanifi A, Yousefi F, Tint D, Bolla S, Marchetti N, Soliman AM, Pleshko N. Compositional assessment of human tracheal cartilage by infrared spectroscopy. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg.158(4):688-694.
- Linkov G, Mally P, Czyz CN, Wulc AE. Quantification of the aesthetically desirable female midface position. Aesthet Surg J. 2017. 38(3):231-240.
- Linkov G, Ridge JA. Neck Mass. In: McIntyre R. Surgical Decision Making 6th Edition. Philadelphia, PA. Saunders; 2019.
- Linkov G, Ebersole B, Jamal N. Dysphagia. In: Toskala E, Kennedy D, eds. ENT Essentials. New Delhi, India: Jaypee Medical Publishers; 2016.
- Lukavsky RJ, Linkov G, Fundakowski C. A Novel Approach to Submandibular Gland Ptosis: Creation of a Platysma Muscle and Hyoid Bone Cradle. Arch Plast Surg. 2016; 43(4):374-8.
- Linkov G, Wulc AE. Management of Lower Eyelid Laxity. Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am. 2016. 24(2):153-9.
- Linkov G, Cracchiolo JR, Chan NJ, Healy M, Jamal N, Soliman AM. The Role of Serial Physical Examinations in the Management of Angioedema Involving the Head and Neck: A Prospective Observational Study. World J Otol. 2016; 2(1):7-12.
- Linkov G, Lam V, Wulc AE. The Efficacy of Intense Pulsed Light Therapy in Postoperative Recovery from Eyelid Surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137(5):783-9.
- Linkov G, Kanev PM, Isaacson G. Conservative management of typical pediatric postauricular dermoid cysts. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2015; 79(11):1810-3.
- Linkov G, Soliman AM. Infections and Edema. Anesthesiol Clin. 2015; 33(2):329-346.
- Linkov G, Zwillenberg D, Davis WJ III, Chennupati SK. Complication of Bipolar Radiofrequency Adenoidectomy: Palate Fistula. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 151(6):1088-9.
- Linkov G, Cracchiolo J, Fielding AF, Liu JC. Facial Nerve Function Preservation with Vacuum-Assisted Closure. J Craniofac Surg. 2014; 25(4):1560-1.
- Linkov G, Toskala E. Sublingual immunotherapy: what we can learn from the European experience. Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 22(3):208-10.
- Linkov G, Isaacson G. Secondary Acquired Cholesteatoma after Adenoidectomy and Myringotomy. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013; 149(6):957-8.
- Eng G, Lee BW, Parsa H, Chin CD, Schneider J, Linkov G, Sia SK, Vunjak-Novakovic G. Assembly of complex cell microenvironments using geometrically docked hydrogel shapes. 2013; 110(12): 4551-6.
- Chernichenko N, Linkov G, Li P, Bakst RL, Chen CH, He S, Yu YA, Chen N, Szalay AA, Fong Y, Wong RJ. Oncolytic vaccinia virus therapy of salivary gland carcinoma. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013;139(2):173-82
- Bakst R, Lee N, He S, Chernichenko N, Chen CH, Linkov G, Le CH, Koutcher J, Vakiani E, Wong RJ. Radiation impairs perineural invasion by modulating the nerve microenvironment. PLoS ONE. 2012;7(6):e39925.
- Linkov G, Morris LG, Shah JP, Kraus DH. First Bite Syndrome: Incidence, Risk Factors, Treatment, and Outcomes. 2012;122(8):1773-8.
- Givi B, Linkov G, Ganly I, Patel SG, Wong RJ, Singh B, Boyle JO, Shaha AR, Shah JP, Kraus DH. Selective neck dissection in node-positive squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012;147(4):707-15.
- Linkov G, Branski RC, Amin M, Chernichenko N, Chen CH, Alon G, Langmore S, Wong RJ, Kraus DH. A murine model of neuromuscular electrical stimulation on squamous cell carcinoma: Potential implications for dysphagia therapy. Head Neck. 2012;34(10):1428-33.
- Linkov G, Naffouje S, McGinty JJ. Ileocecal Fold of Treves: A Rare Cause of Small Bowel Obstruction. American Surgeon. 2011;77:235-236.
American Board of Otolaryngology