After acceptance to the highly selective accelerated seven-year B.S./M.D. program, Dr. Shawn Khodadadian graduated summa cum laude from the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education/City University of New York Medical School with his bachelor’s degree in biomedicine. He then received his M.D. at the State University of New York’s Stony Brook School of Medicine where he graduated in the top 2% of his class. Dr. Khodadadian received the prestigious Merck Award and was inducted to Alpha Omega Alpha, the national medical honor society for all U.S. Medical Schools.
Dr. Khodadadian went on to complete his internship and residency in Internal Medicine followed by a three year fellowship in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Lenox Hill Hospital. During fellowship, Dr. Khodadadian received grants to pursue specialized training in Inflammatory Bowel disease at the University of Chicago as well as training in liver disease at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.
After receiving specialized training at Memorial Sloan Kettering, Dr. Khodadadian became one of a select few physicians board certified as a physician nutrition specialist by the American Board of Physician Nutritionists. Dr.Khodadadian feels strongly that nutrition plays a key role in general wellness and disease prevention, particularly in digestive diseases. As part of his comprehensive evaluation, Dr.Khodadadian incorporates nutritional interventions and lifestyle modification into his treatment plans.
Dr.Khodadadian is currently an attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital and is a clinical instruction at NYU Langone Medical Center. Dr.Khodadadian plays an integral role in teaching residents and gastroenterology fellows. He currently serves as the Director of Clinical Nutrition in the Department of Gastroenterology at Lenox Hill. He has been selected to Castle Connolly Top Doctors (Gastroenterology) and New York Super Doctors.
- Undergraduate: Combined BS/MD Program- City College/Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Graduate: 2003
- Medical School: Stony Brook School of Medicine, New York
- Internship: Lenox Hill Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital- Internal Medicine Residency
Lenox Hill Hospital- Gastroenterology Fellowship
Director of Clinical Nutrition, Gastroenterology Division- Lenox Hill Hospital
Clinical Instructor- NYU School of Medicine
- American Board of Physician Nutritionists
- American Society of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- American Gastroenterological Association
- Voted to Castle Connolly Top Doctors (Gastroenterology)
- Voted to New York Super Doctors
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) (medical honor society)
- Summa Cum Laude
- Merck Award
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation Inflammatory Bowel Disease Fellowship Grant
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society Fellowship Grant
- Mack Lipkin Fellowship
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- American Board of Internal Medicine (Gastroenterology)